We accept students from around the world! Although academically rigorous, our program provides a welcoming and nurturing atmosphere for our international students. The program brings different cultures together to give valuable cultural exposure to all of our students.
A Christian Atmosphere
The Christian environment at Calvary Baptist School is promoted by parents, staff and students who are dedicated to serving Jesus Christ. All students are held to high behavioral standards and are expected to reflect Biblical principles in all areas of life. Our handbook explains how students should conduct themselves at and away from school.
If you have questions about what we believe or how to start a relationship with God, please contact any of our staff members who would be happy to share with you.
Our international program provides multiple levels of language, culture and religion training through English, history, science, math and Bible courses. All subjects are taught from a Christian perspective, and our students learn Biblical concepts that are supplemented by chapel and Bible lessons.
Each grade level has a specific academic program designed to make students well-rounded and to advance them successfully each year. Classes are rigorous academically while helping to improve English language proficiency. Please contact the international director for a list of course offerings.
International students are encouraged to participate in school fundraisers, special events and extra-curricular activities throughout the school year. Also available during their respective sports seasons are soccer, basketball, volleyball and baseball.
Academic help and counseling is always available to students by our staff and guidance counselor. All students are expected to act in accordance with the international student handbook. If you have questions about this or would like to receive a copy of our international handbook, please contact our principal or international director.
The Application Process
Calvary Baptist School welcomes international students from all over the world. We issue I-20’s for diploma seeking (F-1) students. Most of our international students live with CBS host families where they receive the support they need to succeed.
The following items are necessary for enrollment to Calvary Baptist School and before I-20 is issued:
- A completed and signed application
- A personal interview with the administrator including student and parents or guardian
- Transcripts from previous school (must be sent prior to ﬁnal acceptance – partial transcripts may be used in certain circumstances) (School Only)
- Enrollment fee
- Copy of Passport (A copy of the certiﬁcate will be made and placed in the student’s ﬁle)
- An up-to-date immunization record (One in every series to start school)
- Bank Statement
- Custody documents (if applicable)
- Request for Transportation
- Statement of cooperation
- Student Discipline Record
The Form I-20
Once all of the above forms are received, the student will be issued a Form I-20, “Certificate of Eligibility for Non-immigrant (F-1) Student Status.” The Form I-20 is needed to apply for the F-1 Visa at United States consulate and embassies abroad. It is also necessary to apply for change of non-immigrant status in the United States to F-1, or to secure permission for transferring to Calvary Baptist School from another school in the United States in continued F-1 status.
Please send all international admissions applications and documents to:
Completing the Application Process
To complete the application process, the following must be submitted with the application:
- Enrollment fee of $2500 (cash/check made payable to Calvary Baptist School (non-refundable)– credit/debit cards not accepted).
- Parental Registration Statement: Affirmation of Prior Discipline Record
* A copy of the child’s passport, visa and immunization record are to be submitted to the school office prior to the first day of school. By law your child cannot attend school until these items are on file.
* The following immunizations are required by the state of Pennsylvania for a child to attend school:
- 4 properly spaced dosed of diphtheria and tetanus
- 3 properly spaced doses of hepatitis B
- 2 properly spaced doses of measles, mumps, rubella
- 2 properly spaced doses of varicella (unless the student had the disease which should be noted on the immunization record
- Students entering 7th grade must also have dose of meningococcal (MCV) and tetanus diphtheria, and acellular pertussis (Tdap)
- Students entering 12th grade must have an additional dose of meningococcal (MCV)
*After admission the state of PA requires additional physicals to be done prior to entry of these grades:
- 6th grade
- 11th grade
*After admission the state of PA requires additional dental exams to be done prior to entry of these grades:
- 3rd grade
- 7th grade
*Forms can be obtained from the school office or in the downloads below. Please direct any medical related questions to the school staff nurse.
Calvary Baptist School is a private school offering a challenging educational program in a nurturing Christian environment. The purpose of CBS is to develop godliness of character and action in the lives of our students. We desire to be an extension of Christian homes and to reinforce the Biblical values taught at church and home. Calvary Baptist School admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.